A season worker’s essential, the yoghurt cake is key to many an afternoon tea. It never seems to let me down, try lemon curd or buttercream in the centre.
It’s easy peasy and takes very little time, everyone loves yoghurt cake. When we did our Ski season in the 3 Valleys everyone made them. They were so easy to prepare in the morning, one would get breakfast ready and another would be baking a yoghurt cake.
Using flavoured yoghurt is also great.
Ingredients for Yoghurt Cake
- 1 pot (125-150ml) of natural yoghurt
- 2 pots of sugar
- 3 pots of self-raising flour
- 1 pot of vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
Use the yoghurt pot as your measuring pot for other ingredients
How to Make Yoghurt Cake
- Put the whole lot in a bowl and mix together. Line a cake tin in baking parchment; add the mixture and bake at 180oC for 40 mins or until cooked.
- Leave to cool in tin.
- Turn out, sandwich with your favourite filling.
- Top with your favourite topping.
Watch a video of how to make a yoghurt cake with easy step by step instructions on how to bake it right, every time:
Youtube have some great little videos, temperatures vary on cake size.