I have tried this Feta Watermelon Salad recipe many times. It’s from a Mary Berry cookbook and most things I try of her’s seem easy to follow and taste delicious.
It’s a great summer starter, especially if the main course is quite substantial. I have used it many times on our French Alps walking breaks and the good thing about this recipe is the watermelons in the French Alps are delicious.
Ingredients for Feta Watermelon Salad
The quantity serves four
- 1 watermelon, cut in 2.5cm cubes
- 250 g feta cheese, cut into 1.25cm dice
- 400 g Niçoise olives, pitted and chopped
- 4 red tomatoes, diced
- 4 yellow tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- 20 mint leaves, roughly torn
- 2 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
How to Make Feta Watermelon Salad
- Cut the watermelon into 2.5cm cubes and tip into a bowl.
- Cut the Feta cheese into 1.5cm dice and add to the bowl.
- Stir in the olives and tomatoes.
- Stir in the olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss gently together.
- Divide the salad evenly between four salad plates and garnish with mint leaves.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve.
For more of Paula’s scrumptious recipes have a look at her online Chalet Cookbook.