The most common request is for vegetarian, so I am always looking for easy vegetarian recipes.
Cashew nut burgers are delicious and very popular; they are a good choice for vegetarians. This year in the French Alps we had quite a few vegetarians, they loved these burgers.
Ingredients for Cashew Nut Burgers
- 50g roasted cashew nuts
- 50g white breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 50g Cheddar, grated
- 150g sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- Half leek, chopped
- 1 carrot , grated
- 100g brown mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp honey
- A little flour
- Oil for frying
How to Make Cashew Nut Burgers
- Measure the cashew nuts into a blender of processor.
- Whiz until finely chopped.
- Add to a bowl with the breadcrumbs, thyme and Cheddar.
- Boil the potato in boiling water until soft. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onion, leek, carrot and mushrooms.
- Fry for 10 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and fry for one minute.
- Tip into the breadcrumb mixture with the potato and honey. Mash together and season.
- Shape into 8 burgers.
- Coat in the flour, then fry in a little oil for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden.